Saturday, August 15, 2009

winnahs, Parker 2nd printing and more

here you go, the winners of the Draw Parker! contest as chosen by Darwyn. I'll be mailing out the prizes as soon as Darwyn gets them to me, hopefully next week.



and speaking of Parker, the first printing of The Hunter has sold out from IDW and a second printing should be hitting stores in September. There are still copies of the first edition available at some retail bookstores so get'em while they last.

Herve Duphot sent along this nice note:

***************
Bonjour,
J'ai beaucoup de retard pour les illustrations sur Parker mais comme j'ai vu que vous les acceptiez quand même pour les mettre sur le blog, j'ai le plaisir de vous envoyer la mienne.
Je suis fan du travail de darwyn et j'ai vu que c'était vous l'encreur alors même que je surfais sur vos sites sans le savoir ;-)

Je ne sais pas si vous parlez français alors j'essaie de traduire ;-(

I know it's too late to send my drawing for the Parker Contest, but i'll be happy to be on your Darwyn Cooke's blog. I'm a great fan. And i discovered that you were his inker after having often surfed on your personnal blogs.
So i join my drawing even though i don't know yet Parker in France.

PS : I try to be a french comics drawner ;-) Darwyn is a great inspiration for me.

My blog : bradasse.canalblog.com

Thanks



***************
I don't know where Herve got the impression I was an inker, but I've straightened him out. I'm a felicitous facilitator in the best of times and a comic book hustler the rest.

Talk to you folks later!
I'm off to clean the garage! (*whoosh!*)

11 comments:

Gino Collins said...

I accept runner up with pride. Thanks again for having this fun contest and major thanks to Mr. Cooke for his amazing book and the inpsiration for all the amazing tributes.

-Gino Collins

Craig Zablo said...

Great contest and I love the way you posted up all the winners!

Mug It Up!/Jim H said...

Congrats to all the Winnahs! - I especially liked that Scott Brothers piece as well. ;)
Thanks for Honorable Mention -I had a lot of fun doing this, loved looking at all the efforts produced, and I look forward to seeing DC's Parker book!

-Jim H

Tim DeMoor said...

I'm THRILLED to accept Honourable Mention! This was such an awesome contest to take part in, and everyone's work looked amazing!

- Tim DeMoor

Rich Dannys said...

I'm delighted to find out that even though I didn't crack the "Top Five".. As an Honorable Mention I STILL qualify for a free Personalized Copy of the book?!
That's pretty fantastic, if you ask me.. Thanks for staging such a fun contest!

LeDidole said...

Congratulations to all the winners.

And thank you so much for the contest and I can hardly wait to receive my personalized copy!

It was fun to participate!

Chris Ready said...

Thanks. Great contest, uniformly wonderful entries. I look forward to receiving my art book!

mattcrap said...

this was really great of you guys to do. Thanks a lot for letting me be a part of it.

big congrats to everybody involved

Gavin de Lint said...

Like the other commenters, I'm absolutely thrilled to be in the Honourable Mention category and can't wait to get the book in the mail (even though I couldn't wait and and already have a copy, it's not PERSONALIZED - how cool is that?). I'd also like to say that I totally agree with the choice for overall winner. That image is awesome.

Honolulu Dogfight said...

Ha! I'm in the same boat as Gavin, and already bought the book. Honorable mention makes me happy and a personalized copy is really amazing. Thanks!

EDC said...

Calum, you're a real mensch for doing this.

an honorable mention from mister Cooke is awesome.